I am the Queen of going back and forth with a new heath regimen. For the past year I’ve been going on these terrible diets eating 3 SMALL meals a day, basically depriving myself from foods I would regular eat, just to lose some weight and slowly start eating what I would regularly eat again. After looking back at my old myfitnesspal diaries, I came to the conclusion that this was my main problem on why I could never continue to live a healthier lifestyle.
My second problem was letting people hype my head up! I’ll lose some weight, flatter stomach, lifted butt and it only takes ONE person to tell me I look good and my head gets big! LOL, Once my head gets big I start going out more, the gym less, more coco loso’s, less water! Then POOF my stomach is saying hello to everyone again!
The past couples of months I learned a lot of valuable information that will hopefully get me back on the road again to lose some weight and tone my body! Last summer I lost 25 pounds, I gained 15 of those pounds back but I’m proud to say that I actually learned to take care of my body and makes the changes necessary to be a better “Ashley.”
The tips that I have below, may not work for you, your momma, or your grandmother, but I know they work for me. It’s up to you to do trial and error and adjust them according to your body and your own motivation!
- Eat breakfast; I noticed that I have a lot more energy during the day when I fuel my body first thing in the morning. As of now I’m eating the Fiber One cereal with a cup of REGULAR almond milk or oatmeal with almond milk, raisins and honey. I also like to drink one glass of water and a glass of SIMPLY GRAPEFRUIT JUICE. I heard grapefruit juices aids in weight loss, I’m not sure, I just enjoy drinking grapefruit juice. I also like to pop a B12 pill and a Biotin pill since I’m trying to grow my hair out (different post about that, coming up shortly.)
- I’m a snacker, so that’s where a lot of calories use to go, now I found some healthier snacks to eat while I’m work, Blue Diamond Caramel Macchiato Flavored Almonds, are the best, they are actually coated with coffee which is another instant energy boost for the day. If I’m not snacking on almonds, I like to eat apple sauce and fiber one bars!
- Don’t deprive yourself, just limit yourself. My past diets I was telling myself I couldn’t eat this or couldn’t eat that, which only made me want it more! So instead, if you want something that bad, eat it, but not too much. However if you did eat TOO much of it, you better know that you need to work your ass super hard in the gym! Do an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical, squat 20 more times, even get on the bike for 30 minutes extra! Show your body that you deserved to eat whatever you were craving!
- Embrace yourself. It took me a while to understand that you don’t lose weight overnight and you can’t love yourself overnight. It truly takes time, but when you don’t love the person that you are, people see that. Others can see that you are self conscious or that you are super aware of your flaws. If you look at my previous posts about loving yourself, you will see that it took me some time to point out what I liked about myself. I continued to tell myself I was beautiful, that I was educated, and that I was a good catch. When you continue to do that you turn into a much happier person and people can see that “Happy Halo” around you! I want you to love yourself so much that you’d do anything to keep yourself healthy, if that means being in the gym 6 days a week so be it!
- Working out is vital to becoming healthy. I learned that its best for me to go to the gym directly when I get off work because if I go home I lose all motivation to get out of the house again. Therefore I pack a gym bag the night before and go to the gym at 5:30 when I get off, 5 days a week. Then I go home, eat dinner, socialize, sleep, and do it all again the next day.
I have a lot more tips but I don’t want this post to be to0 lengthy, if you want to know any more information please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com. I like to know that someone out there is really adamant about what I have to say.
Until next time ladies