Monday, January 14, 2013

Beauty Junkie Alert!


I bet this title was enticing! 

If you are a make-up fanatic like me I’m pretty sure your make up collection has looked like this before! (This is only a quarter of it, i'm embarrassed of the rest lol)


This is terrible, all of this was scattered all over my bathroom counter and I finally told myself that ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH. I cannot have my bathroom looking a tornado ran threw it.

So I went out to Target and searched for a big enough storage container to help me store all my stuff while also keeping easy access to my items I use daily! While sorting through my make-up I realized I had to throw a couple things away being that they were old. Ladies don’t forget to look at the bottom of your applicators, they will have dates on them that look like this “3M” “6M” and “12M”. Also if you don’t know when you purchased some of your items “When in Doubt, Throw Them Out.” I would hate to see any of you using old stuff that instead of enhancing your beauty, leaves you looking dull and old.

Now back to storing all this stuff, I scattered all of my products on a towel on the floor while thinking of the best possible way to keep everything visible for daily use.

The storage container i purchased had three rolls of drawers and i came up with this fantastic solution. 

Top: Brushes and Mascara.
Middle: Foundations, Primers, and Concealer.
Bottom: Eyeshadow Palettes and Blush. 


I put all of my lipsticks and lip glosses in a 3 unit container, having all reds and dark lips in one section, pink in another, and nudes in the last section.


I have been using this technique for over a week right now and this is truly the longest my bathroom counter has ever stayed clean. I must say that I am very proud of myself.

Feel free to share some of your beauty storing secrets with me, I’d love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment