Thursday, February 14, 2013

Perfect High-Waist Shorts (DIY)


            Am I the only one that is ready for the summer time? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love the multi-colored scarves and thigh high boots for winter time, but I’m ready to show some much needed skin! I’ve been so antsy for the warmer seasons that I went out to my local thrift store and picked up three pair of high waist jeans for about 8 bucks!

            With these jeans, I decided to get my creative juices flowing and make some cool cut off shorts. Now like I said prior, I purchased 3 pair of jeans, but I’m only showing you 2 because I TRIED it with the first pair! I would never wear them, their too short and I made too many holes, I would literally be ASSED out!

            Anyhoo, I am going to give you a step on step guide on how to create a GREAT pair of high waist cut off shorts. What I really love about this trend is, anyone can wear these, lean or plus size, you just have to find the correct fit for your body type and just go with the flow.

First Step

Find a pair of jeans that sit up to your waist, the crotch part will be really low, and the pockets will be really high (mom jeans).

Second Step

Next, try on the jeans and with a pen, mark how long or short you want your jeans to be. Also make sure you make a mark in the back by your butt crease, so that you know where to STOP if you get a little scissor happy.

Third Step
 
Get a really sharp pair of scissor and start to cut from the outside in. My opinion, don’t cut straight, cut going upward a little, this will make your shorts look more like shorts you buy at the store, if that makes sense.

Fourth Step

Try them on again, make sure they are to your liking and take them off again. Now you begin making the fringe look on your shorts. I didn’t use a razor, sand paper, knife, or anything like that. I just cut little lines in my jeans, about a half an inch apart. Once you do all of that, wash the shorts and VIOLA you have some cute, high waist shorts!

I hope you guys enjoyed this and try this cute trend when it gets hot enough! See ya later!

 Disclaimer** It was laundry day for me, so the room was a mess! SORRY



4 comments:

  1. Love your DIY shorts hunni! They look great and thanks for the step by step guide :-) LOL @ your "ass out" comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts are so fresh! I also found a hot pair at a thrift store a short while ago, guess second hand is always best for our curves where shorts are concerned :D
    lovely blog

    ReplyDelete