Friday, February 01, 2013

1 Month Update on 2013 Hair Journey



Hey ladies, i'm back again for a 1 month hair update on my new HJ2013. While I always tried give my hair enough TLC, I learned that I could be taking more care of it to get maximum results for hair growth. So, here is a mini list of the basis of what I've been doing for the past four weeks. 
1st pic Jan 1st - last pic Jan 30

-          co-washing twice a week.
-          moisturizing with coconut oil twice a week.
-          moisturizing with olive oil once every two weeks.
-          protein treatment with 1 egg once a month
-           Shampooing twice a month.
-          10 minute scalp massages once a week (OO LA LA).


 This new routine has been a COMPLETE handful for me, washing my hair all the time, greasing it with all those oils and watching as my pillows drenched from me keeping the oils on overnight. Overwhelming would definitely be an understatement, However I have been getting extraordinary results. My hair has grown thicker and healthier since I chopped a little on January 1st.The conditioning my hair weekly has gave me an impeccable amount of volume which could also be resulting from the technique on how I dry my hair (1 hour air-dry, 5 minutes drying it in an upward motion) I also began using a new heat-protected spray, Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector,  I absolutely adore that stuff, it makes your hair super sleek and I feel like its great for girls who are natural but still want really straight hair.


The only bad thing I can say about this month with my hair journey is, I COULD NOT KEEP MY HAIR STYLE UP, I hate bonnets, scarves, caps, any little “contrapment” that limits the movement of my hair, therefore I began to sleep restraint-free, HAIR GONE WITH THE WIND FABULOUS (lol), but its causing me to have to style my hair more often than I want to. So for February I will invest in a new satin pillow so that my hair will last a little longer! 

Well that’s it ladies, I hope you are enjoying this so far.  What have you guys been doing differently to your hair for the New Year? Did anyone finally do their big chop or get their desired length? Let me know! Thanks so much for the love ladies and gents!


8 comments:

  1. You have gorgeous hair! I did hear that the olive oil does promote hair growth so i'm trying that at the moment. And I'm not getting a relaxer until my b-day in May! Good luck on your hair journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, try alot of different natural stuff, ive had a lot of trial and error and im slowly beginning to see what works for me!!

      Delete
  2. YEY!! Congrats congrats congrats! Your hair is looking absolutely luscious! I'm rooting for you and can't wait to see your progress in the upcoming months!

    Kimberly
    KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, ive seen your hair journey and i love it, you give me hope, everyday i consider getting a relaxer but its not worth all the pain and chemicals i was causing my hair to go through!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for following first of all! I definitely can see this thickness difference within the 30 days. I'm excited for you to continue to document your growth journey! You'll be so surprised by the results. I think your on the right track with your regimen. These past few months for me, I've been protective styling so my natural hair has been neglected in methods of being treated with oils and nice scalp messages lol. If you end up getting sick of the maintenance with your hair I definitely suggest protective styling. That could be with braids, twists, wigs, weaves, you name it. It helps protect your hair shaft while allowing it to grow with the damage of over maintenance or heat damage. Looking forward to more posts Ashley!
    Sincerely, a new follower
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going though the same thing! what a pain hopefully it is all worth it in the end :)

    I am now following your blog :) check mine out
    http://loa20s.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies so much for all this wonderful insight on new info! I am truly fighting my hair right now, i think im going to get a protective stype and weave it up in the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete