Hey Ladies so I’m back with a special interview with an up and coming make-up artist located right in New York named Desiree. After viewing her IG and Youtube you can definitely tell that she works hard to execute the art of making up faces!
While going through her work you can see that quality time was well spent with the consultations of her clients. Her style is so fun, not only does she soft natural looks but she can do dramatic looks as well to fit any type of engagement.
With that being said, I will be sharing my interview with her for all of those who love make-up or just trying to get a foot in the door to be a self-made MUA like Desiree.
Desiree, when did you start doing makeup?
- I started doing make up on myself throughout high school but I started my actual business in October of 2012.
What made you want to work in the makeup industry?
- I love being my own boss and I was pretty good at doing makeup so I said why not go all the way out with this?
What are some of your favorite products to use?
- OMG I have so many but I have to say my top 5 would be:
o Laura Mercier luminous primer
o Bobby Brown long lasting foundation
o Ben Nye Luxury Banana Powder
o Maybelline Falsies Mascara
o MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick
Name one beauty item that you just HAVE TO HAVE in your make up bag?
- My Dior Lip Glow! It’s a moisturizing lip balm by Christian Dior that turns your lips into this natural rosey pink! It’s gorgeous!!
What was one of your most recent favorites looks that you’ve created or another make-up artist created?
- My favorite look was my Mermaid Girl Make-up! I did awesome on my first attempt at it!
What’s an essential item that every girl needs to make their look “POP”?
- White eyeliner … it can turn a dramatic look up x10 and it can make tired eyes look awake!
Who are some of your favorite make-up artists in the industry right now?
- Definitely Tyme the Infamous for her dramatic styles and Beat Face Honey for her humility.
What’s one piece of advice you could give to other MUAs just starting out?
- I would tell them to stay consistent with their work and push for themselves. No one is going to promote you the way you will promote you!
For booking how can you be reached?
- I travel from the states of Delaware and New York and you can book your appointments through email at email@example.com or on Instagram @ChinaDollMakeUp
Thanks Desiree for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let me interview you!
Not only is she an AMAZING make-up artist but she’s in the army as well! How cool is that?
Please leave comments below if you love what you see!