Sunday, August 05, 2012

Can i get my RAMBLE on for a min


Dieting, eating right, and losing weight has been a love and hate issue with myself since I was in high school. I’m neither ashamed nor embarrassed of my body but I just always believed my choices of clothes would be better because I would have a better variety to choose from.  It seems like I’ve been a size 14 forever, tight 14 and loose 14, but nevertheless always a 14. But the size 14 me in high school was so self-conscious, I didn’t enjoy getting in front of the class to present anything, I didn’t like walking pass boys, I was just in an uncomfortable stage in my life. Skipping a couple years now being a young woman in college, I noticed my confidence is at an all-time high. I’ve came to the conclusion that it’s not how big or small you are, but it’s how you carry yourself. When I first attended Hampton University and saw all the beautiful black women I came across daily I noticed they came in every shape and size. I can say that definitely taught me to appreciate myself more and learn to accept myself flaws and all’s.

3 months ago when I started my commitment to lose a little bit of weight I can finally say, I wear a COMFORTABLE 12. By telling myself I was beautiful every day and actually writing my goals down I was able to lose 15 pounds.


I wish I could write my 15 year old self a letter telling her everything would was going to be alright.
Learning to love you is a constant struggle that we, especially black women, go through every day.  I wish I could have told myself that I was beautiful and smart and destined to be something more than great.  

2 comments:

  1. AWWW this really touched me as i've always had weight issues since i was young but i've had time to work it all off , still got work to do but im nearly satisfied! Well done on your weight loss , keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete