Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Eat Right, Get It Tight


Just because summer is ending doesnt mean your health grind has to end as well. As I go back on my journey to lose 12 more pounds, I decided to share with you some easy recipes that I am doing during my lifestyle change.

When I lost my first 18 pounds I was making smoothies in the morning as replacements for breakfast. Now that school is about to start, I DO NOT have time to be cutting up different fruits and vegetables so I went to my local grocery store and racked up on 20 dollars worth of goodies! After that I went to dollar tree and bought some zip lock bags to store the fruits and vegatebles so I could later freeze them. When I came home I began cutting and measuring all the fruits and vegatables to put in the small bags and who would have thought I would have had so much fun doing this. I made so many different types of smoothie recipes that i cant wait to try, especially the spinach, pineapple, kiwi, and strawberry bag.
With the smoothies all I add is a couple ice cubes and sometimes unsweetened almond milk or Greek yogurt, then i just blend them using my single serving NINJA blender! I love these smoothies because not only do they taste great, but they also make me feel full for a long time.

Today for dinner I made my spin of a chicken and vegetable stir fry that was only 245 calories and packed with protein (19 grams). Being on a diet does not mean that your food has to taste bland, I like my food spicy and a lot of spices have very few calories which is a major plus!

Chicken and Vegatable Stir Fry

Chicken cut in 1in squares
Brown rice
Broccoli stir fry (frozen, mushrooms, cauliflower, snap peas, corn)
Red wine vinegar
Sriracha Hot chilli sauce (this stuff is hot)
Cooking crème in savory garlic
Onion powder
Garlic powder
And a little bit of pepper

(sorry I don’t use measurements, just use your best judgment)

If you haven’t tried the hot sauce or the cooking crème, you need to get it ASAP, its full of flavor and you can use them on anything.

I just made this on the top of my head, don’t be afraid to try stuff out, if its nasty THROW IT OUT if its good, make it again lol.

I hope this helps anyone that’s on their weight loss journey. Bye loves!

1 comment:

  1. I love the stir fry. I am actually going on a weigh-loss journey myself, I am actually excited to start losing weight.

    I am a New Follower, Please Follow Back at http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete