Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Match My Fly


"you plus me, it equals better math, your boy a good look, but shes my better half, i'm already bossing, im already flossing..." -Fabolous 


Am I wrong for wanting my equal? If I’m in school shouldn’t the guy that’s courting me be in school or even better, started something good for himself? If I’m working hard, doing what I have to do for my future, to have the things I need and want, why should I have to settle for a guy who aint doing S H I T with himself?  If that’s called being picky so be it!

Like every other girl, I just want the best for myself and my future family. I have old values in life, the guy should be the breadwinner, the women should cook, clean, and fulfill those womanly duties, but how is that possible if I have a degree and my boyfriend is………flipping burgers?  Don’t get me wrong, working at a fast food restaurant or anything of that nature is perfectly fine when you’re in school. That means you’re doing what you HAVE to do so later on you can do what you WANT to do.

I also want to add that it’s perfectly fine if you don’t have a degree, however, make sure you have something venturing for yourself that gives you a salary. Bill gates didn’t finish school but he’s one of the richest men in the world, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and many others are prime examples that as long as you have a vision and you aren’t lazy you can do whatever your heart desires. 

MATCH MY FLY! I want to be a power couple. Look at Beyonce; can you imagine her with anyone other than Jay Z? No, he matches her fly, she’s the best in her area, he’s the best in his. She owns a couple businesses, he owns a couple businesses. They match each other’s fly! And that’s how things should be.

A couple of my girlfriends and I were talking a few days ago about how guys are intimidated by a black, young, and smart female. Why?  What is so intimidating about that, black men need to stop being so afraid of us because having a successful girl is a wonderful thing, wouldn’t a guy love to brag to their boys, “My girl just got her degree at Hampton University, she’s about to start her own business”, and us girls want to do the same, “my man just received his masters at Morehouse college”, an educated black man is a sexy black man in my eyes.

Does anyone else agree or am I alone here?

Here’s a video to match how I’m feeling 


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree!!! Last month i posted on my personal facebook page a questions asking When you look for a mate if you have a degree do they have to have one too and if so does it have to be the same level of degree as you for example if you have an masters is it ok for them to have an associates degree? I'm still on the fence with this but my mate has to at least have a high school diploma or ged no exceptions. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! that's a tough question. I think that's totally fine, if he's doing BOMB with that associate degree then there is totally nothing wrong with that. But if he has that associate degree and is still doing nothing with his life, there's a problem.

      and don't get me wrong, i know there's people out there that have "this many degrees and this masters' and still not excelling so its definitely about about what kind of goals your mate has. If he is working hard to get where he wants to be, HES A KEEPER!

      i absolutely hate a lazy man!

      thanks for viewing my blog!!

      Delete