Saturday, November 03, 2012

First Lady Michelle Obama


My school, Hampton University, had the honor of hosting a rally with First Lady Michelle Obama Friday afternoon. That was definitely one of the best experiences I could ever have at my tenure at Hampton.

Me and a couple of my girlfriends were in line from 10am to 2pm in the freezing cold. During that time we played games, gossiped, and just thought of anything possible to make the time go by faster. You should have seen the line it was wrapped around every corner. Luckily for us, we were closer to the front so we were guaranteed access to this moment in history.

The crazy thing about this is they were giving out tickets on Wednesday while I was working and by the time I tried to get my ticket there were no more left, so I was kind of bummed that I wasn’t going to be able to see the FLOTUS. But when I went to my event management class on Friday, my professor asked was I going and when I told him there was no more tickets left, he gave me his extra one. WHAT A BLESSING!

While I am not in any kind of way telling you to vote for one party, I am TELLING you go to vote on Tuesday, because no matter what anyone says, your VOTE DOES COUNT!
In the line, FREEZING!





Understatement of how long the line was!

3 comments:

  1. Im glad you got a chance to see and hear the FLOTUS! I nominated you for an award on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and sure girl! checking you out now!

    ReplyDelete